The FLRC Child and Youth Activity Coordinator coordinates programs and activities and special events, working together with the Children’s Counsellors. He also works with the Volunteer Coordinator to attract volunteer support and helps coordinate program activities within the community.
The Activity Coordinator will:
• Create and develop quality programs and activities for children
• Plan and implement appropriate age-based activities
• Provide themed activities throughout the year for a diverse population
• Create an events calendar to inform the children and youth of activities
• Assist with all special events
• Role model appropriate behaviour and attitude, supporting growth and promoting positive behaviour
• Interact with parent in a supportive, non-judgmental manner
• Build and maintain networks with other community centres and social services agencies for the benefit of the child and youth programming.